Inform Wire Match dynamically places AP videos recommended by Associated Press editors within their corresponding text story, next to related stories, creating a rich multi-format experience for your online audience.
HOW IT WORKS
When AP editors publish text stories, they often select the best AP photos and videos to accompany them. While many publishers automate the placement of photos in these stories, there hasn’t been a way to do the same with video–until now.
Built on Inform’s Perfect Pixel platform, the AP Inform Wire Match technology automatically inserts embedded videos into preselected spots on your website in an embedded Inform player.
Inform Wire Match uses a unique page-crawling service (just like a search engine) to find AP text on your website. No matter how you ingest AP text–whether you automatically create pages or copy and paste AP content into your template–Inform Wire Match will find AP stories and match them with corresponding videos recommended by an AP editor.
It does not matter how your site publishes AP tex–Inform will find the right story using a shingling algorithm to compare blocks of text and identify the correct AP story.
- Automates placements of video recommendations by AP editors
- Perfect Pixel activates each AP suggested video
- Inform and AP renewed partnership through 2017
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Sign up to become an Inform publisher. It’s free and you’ll earn revenue from the advertising that surrounds AP and other videos on your site. Email email@example.com to register.
- Add Perfect Pixel to your story template by placing Inform’s embed.js file in your site header and a <div> tag for each video placement.
- Inform will assign the Wire Match logic to the appropriate video placement, typically directly above or below the headline.
- AP videos that are linked to AP stories will automatically appear when those stories appear on your site.