EFFECTIVE DATE: May, 23 2018
- PII means individually identifiable information that INFORM owns, licenses, or maintains and that is from or about an individual, including, but not limited to (a) first and last name; (b) home or other physical address; (c) email address or other online information, such as a user name and password; (d) telephone number; (e) government-issued identification or other number; (f) date of birth; and (g) any information that is combined with any of (a) through (f).
2. Information Collection
When you visit the Websites, you provide us with three types of information: (1) PII and other information about you that you knowingly choose to disclose, (2) information we collect automatically as you interact with the Websites, and (3) information we collect from other sources.
3. Information You Provide to INFORM
We collect personal information from you when you submit questions or material to us, register on the Websites, subscribe to our service, purchase a product from us, request further services from us, email us, enter one of our contests or sweepstakes, or use the Websites, such as setting up your personal profile, making connections, sending messages, performing searches and queries, forming or joining groups, submitting content, participating in discussions and forums, or sending and receiving information through various channels, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
We use personal information collected through our Websites to:
- present our Websites and their contents to you,
- provide a personalized service,
- conduct market research surveys,
- fulfill product orders,
- run features that incorporate submissions to the Websites,
- provide you with notices about your account or subscription,
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and INFORM,
- notify you about changes to our Websites,
- provide information and services you request or subscribe to,
- provide you with information about, and access to, products and services we offer, either ourselves or jointly with or on behalf of other organizations,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide such information, and
- any other purpose with your consent.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations, please check the appropriate box on the registration page or other relevant form or page through which the information is collected.
4. Automatically Collected Information
- monitor the usage of the Websites,
- recognize you when you return to our Websites,
- store information about your preferences,
- build up marketing profiles,
- aid strategic development,
- manage our relationship with advertisers and content providers, and
- audit usage of the Websites.
We may share such information, in the aggregate form only, with our affiliates, partners or advertisers, or other third parties.
5. Information Collected from Other Sources
Where permitted by law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services and embedded video players), from co-branded partners and sites and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level,
- publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings,
- your interests and purchase behavior, and
- other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
6. Use of Information
To “opt-out” of such third-party cookies, go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and select Collective, Quantcast, YuMe, Specific Media and ValueClick Media as your opt out choices.
8. Use of Non-Cookie Technologies
We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our Websites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies may also use non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on or off our Websites. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
9. Disclosure of Information
INFORM is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with authorized third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a INFORM Website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Any personal information you choose to provide to us with your submissions posted to the Websites may appear on public areas of the Websites, but only to identify you as the author of the submission, unless you expressly authorize us to make further use of the information on the Websites. If you voluntarily disclose or permit disclosure of personal information, that information can also be collected and used by others. Your submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. If you submit to the Websites any comments, photographs, videos, music, text or other content, you grant to INFORM the unlimited, perpetual, royalty-free right to use your name, voice, likeness and other personal information in connection with such submission in any media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your submissions. Thus, we cannot and do not guarantee that your submissions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (commonly referred to as “COPPA”), we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on the Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Partner Sites / Linked Sites
13. Security of Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to keep your PII secure. Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take care to protect your PII, INFORM cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
14. Transfer of Data Internationally
INFORM is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Websites may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in the Websites or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
15. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Â§ 1798.83 permits users of these Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Inform, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 3445 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 1000, Atlanta, GA 30326.
16. Updating Personal Information
If you would like to review or change any of your contact or billing information, or if you no longer desire to receive any marketing communications from INFORM or our partners, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
If you delete your submissions from the Websites, copies of your submissions may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Websites.
17. Updating Personal Information
18. Updating Personal Information
Inform, Inc., Attn: Legal Department
3445 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 1000, Atlanta, GA 30326