QA Engineer – Atlanta, GA
Posted June 7th, 2017
INFORM INC attracts entrepreneurial-minded individuals, who are looking to boldly disrupt and relentlessly innovate in a fast-paced and rewarding digital media environment. We seek passionate and dynamic talent looking to join a collaborative team that provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth.
- Work in an agile software development environment, and ensure the quality of the architecture of our Enterprise software application and consumer interfaces.
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture, and become part of our ongoing feature development effort.
- Proactively work with members of an agile team to find and fix defects in our product architecture using manual and automated testing.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Developers to prioritize deliverables, and create test strategy and cases as part of project requirements.
- Oversee and execute functional testing, as well as performance, scalability, stability, and reliability testing on the architecture of the system.
- Perform data validation testing.
- Manage and update the teamâs test case inventory and analyze for missing or incorrect information.
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional and automation coverage.
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduce the chain of evens leading to a failure.
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to team.
- Actively participate in development team meetings.
- Extensive background in web testing including front- and back-ends.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years experience with quality assurance methodologies and software testing such as boundary value,
decision table, pairwise, state transition and use case testing.
- Proficiency with principles of software design.
- Experience with common third-party testing and diagnostic tools such as IE Developer Tools, Firebug, Charles, and other
tools as required.
- Prior experience scripting automated testing tools such as Selenium, TestComplete or QTP strongly desired. Success
with developing portfolio of testing tools is a plus.
- Set up scripting for automated testing tools.
- Prior experience with Python a plus.
- Experience testing GUI applications with manual and automated tools in multiple platforms and browser environments.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries, invoking stored procedures and web services to validate data inputs and outputs
through manual or automated inspection.
- Accomplished in creating standalone XML feeds and other test inputs for structured data testing.
- Proven track record of developing and executing test plans.
- Highly competent in testing integrated systems and interfaces, as well as use of source control.
- Ability to perform automated testing at the Services/Integration and UI level and advise development on Unit testing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Detailed oriented.
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies, which will enhance job performance.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and value accountability.
- Conducts hem/herself with a high degree of integrity.
Bachelorâs degree in computer science, information systems or similar.
Inform is a top 10 online video property in the US according to comScore Videometrix–with an audience of over 50 million unique viewers each month. Inform’s Digital Media Exchange provides premium video content (e.g. ABC, CBS, E!, Bloomberg, Fox Sports, AP, etc.) in the news, finance, travel, entertainment, and sports verticals to over 4,000 professional publishing partners. Our technology delivers partners such as the LA Times, NY Daily News, and Dallas Morning News a fully monetized solution and brand-safe content to drive engagement and generate significant revenue at no cost. Inform works closely with top content creators to deliver greater audience exposure and brand extension through a streamlined distribution process. Inform’s demo-rich ecosystem provides advertisers with massive video preroll scale as well as efficient targeting options to reach preferred online audiences.