Posted November 21st, 2016
Join a collaborative team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals who strive to boldly disrupt and relentlessly innovate in a fast-paced and rewarding digital media environment. Inform provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth while maintaining a tight-knit and agile culture.
The Software Engineer will be based in Atlanta, GA at Inform’s headquarters, and will report to the VP of Engineering. S/he will be responsible for software development and participate in system architecture. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software applications as well as web services platforms.
- You take pride in writing clean, DRY code.
- You don’t need micro managing. You can be given a task and ensure it gets completed properly on time.
- You are a team player, who enjoys collaboration and working in an agile environment.
- You excel at writing code that leverages services to have no single points of failure.
- You are confident enough in the work you do to give an Operations Engineer your cell phone number.
- You are detail oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects from inception to production release.
- You conduct yourself with a high degree of integrity.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or greater) in Computer Science or related field
- Comfortable with code versioning software, such as Git or SVN
- Self-directed team player who stays up-to-date with new technologies, best-practices, standards, and available frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to write professional and precise documentation, including documenting general concepts on shared wiki pages as well as inline code comments where appropriate
- Modular coding practices (such as AMD) using frameworks like RequireJS or CommonJS
- Continuous integration principles/software, such as Bamboo
- Test-driven development (TDD)
Inform offers a unique video content syndication and advertising solution for the online media market with a centralized platform offering sophisticated news, finance, travel, entertainment and sports content. We partner with the largest newspaper, television, magazine, radio and new media properties in the country including Hearst, The New York Times, and Tribune Publishing and Broadcasting. Inform offers content from leading premium providers including The Associated Press, Bloomberg, Fox Sports, and E!Online.