DevOps Engineer – Palo Alto, CA
Posted November 21st, 2016
Inform attracts entrepreneurial-minded individuals, who are looking to boldly disrupt and relentlessly innovate in a fast-paced and rewarding digital media environment. We seek passionate and dynamic talent looking to join a collaborative team that provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth.
S/he will primarily be responsible for creating, engineering, and enabling access to technical infrastructures on AWS and related services as well as solving operational issues and communicating about those operational issues.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Experience with desktop virtualization solutions such as Virtualbox.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Vagrant or Docker.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with Nginx + uWSGI.
- Experience with Protocol Buffers.
- Experience with microservices.Experience with CI/CD.
- At least three years experience with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, PHP or BASH).
- Experience leveraging AWS services to build highly scalable applications.
- Experience deploying, administering, and engineering Linux operating systems.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Understanding of MVC concepts and application frameworks.
- Experience with various databases and datastores such as: (MSSQL, MySQL, Postgresql, Mongodb, DynamoDB).
- Experience with in memory data stores such as Memcached or Redis.
- Experience working with high transaction systems.
- Experience with revision control systems such as Git.
- Responsible for execution and final delivery of the product.
- You take pride in writing clean DRY code/scripts.
- You follow a devops/visible ops/12 factor apps philosophy.
- You donât need micro managing. You can be given a task and ensure it gets completed properly on time.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaboration and working in an agile environment.
- You are an experienced infrastructure engineer who has worked in high transaction high availability systems.
- You are confident enough in your ability to solve problems and learn to tackle any systems engineering problem.
Inform is a top 10 online video property in the US according to comScore Videometrix–with an audience of over 50 million unique viewers each month. Inform’s Digital Media Exchange provides premium video content (e.g. ABC, CBS, E!, Bloomberg, Fox Sports, AP, etc.) in the news, finance, travel, entertainment, and sports verticals to over 4,000 professional publishing partners. Our technology delivers partners such as the LA Times, NY Daily News, and Dallas Morning News a fully monetized solution and brand-safe content to drive engagement and generate significant revenue at no cost. Inform works closely with top content creators to deliver greater audience exposure and brand extension through a streamlined distribution process. Inform’s demo-rich ecosystem provides advertisers with massive video preroll scale as well as efficient targeting options to reach preferred online audiences.