Director, DevOps – Multiple Locations (GA, CA, or NY)
Posted June 7th, 2017
Inform attracts entrepreneurial-minded individuals, who are looking to boldly disrupt and relentlessly innovate in a fast-paced and rewarding digital media environment. We seek passionate and dynamic talent looking to join a collaborative team that provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth.
The position can be located in any of our 3 Inform offices including Atlanta, New York, and Palo Alto, and reports to the Vice President of Engineering
- Lead the deployment and monitoring of a top online news video syndication and distribution platform
- Manage a multi million dollar Ops budget with a focus on cost and resource optimization
- Manage a team of excellent Devops engineers distributed across different time zones.
- Develop and execute Ops roadmap
- Interact with clients about Inform’s deployment architecture and provide them confidence about our infrastructure
- Search and recommend new technologies and tools that will advance our architecture in a cost effective and scalable way
- Participate in deign reviews and contribute towards building scalable, extensible and high performing architecture
- Interacting with management regarding infrastructure budgeting and planning
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience with desktop virtualization solutions such as Virtualbox.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with Nginx + uWSGI.
- Experience with Protocol Buffers.
- Experience with microservices.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience with video platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- 10+ years overall experience; 3 of which are in a management role
- Experience managing DevOps teams including hiring and related HR activities
- At least 3 years experience with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, PHP or BASH)
- Experience leveraging AWS services to build highly scalable applications
- Experience deploying, administering, and engineering Linux operating system
- Experience with deployment tools such as Vagrant or Docker
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have worked on a Scrum team
- Understanding of MVC concepts and application frameworks
- Experience with various databases and datastores such as: (MSSQL, MySQL, Postgresql, Mongodb, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redshift)
- Experience with in memory data stores such as Memcached or Redis
- Experience working with high transaction systems
- Experience with revision control systems such as Git
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like Datadog
- Experience in working with vendors for price and contract negotiations
- Experience in working with product and development teams closely
- Experience in discussions with clients related to infrastructure
- Responsible for preparing and executing DevOps roadmap
- You take pride in writing clean DRY code/scripts
- You follow a devops/visible ops/12 factor apps philosophy
- You are a team player who enjoys collaboration and working in an agile environment
- You are an experienced infrastructure engineer who has worked in high transaction high availability systems
- You are confident enough in your ability to solve problems and learn to tackle any systems engineering problem